By Tahir Ahmad
The National Youth Council of Nigeria (NYCN) has held its National Congress between 19th and 24th July, 2018 in Gombe State with the theme: “Youth: Uniting for National Integration and Recovery”.
The Council recorded an unprecedented feat by producing the youngest ever president in the history of the council.
Comrade Bala Shagari Muhammed Bello, a 30-year old youth from Sokoto State and Comrade Tahir Ahmad Daramola from Majlis Khuddam-ul-Ahmadiyya, Nigeria were elected and sworn-in as the new president and new legal adviser of the youths in a free, fair and credible elections. All the thirty-six State Chapters including Federal Capital Territory and ninety nine Voluntary Youth Organizations out of the 104 affiliate organizations participated in the Congress.
Moreso, the Council appreciated the efforts of the following people: the Honourable Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Barr. Solomon Selcap Dalung; the National Transition Committee; the National Board of Trustees; the National Advisory Council; the Congress Planning Committee; the Electoral Committee; the Gombe State Government and other stakeholders who stood firm despite all odds in making sure the Congress holds.
However, the following comrades were duly elected and sworn in as members of the National Executive Council of the National Youth Council of Nigeria NYCN, National Headquarters:
- Comr. Bala Shagari Muhammed Bello. – President
- Comr. Innocent Nduanya. – Dep. President
- Comr. Caleb Odunze. – Ass. Sec. General
- Comr. Lukman Majidadi. – V. President N/W
- Comr. Saliu Mahruf. – V. President S/W
- Comr. Pwajok Sele. – V. President N/C
- Comr. Muhammad Suhailu Abubakar. – V.President N/E
- Comr. Kingsley Ibanichika. – V. President S/S.
- Comr. When Chubuike. – V. President S/E
- Comr. Uko Michael. – Treasurer.
- Comr. Eniola Temitope. – Fin. Sec.
- Comr. Umoru Milicent. – Social Sec.
- Comr. Ahmed Muktar Jeba. – Org. Sec. Hqrs
- Comr. (Barr.) Ahmad Tahir Daramola. – National Legal Adviser
- Comr. Awujoola Kehinde. – P.R.O
- Comr. Aminu Futuna Ibale. – Org. Sec. N/W
- Comr. Williams Oladipupo. – Org. Sec. S/W
- Comr. Yerima Mohammed. – Org. Sec. N/C
- Comr. Avwoke Clinton. – Org. Sec. S/S
- Comr. Adamu Hussain Yunusa. – Org. Sec. N/E
- Comr. Izunna Agwuncha. – Org. Sec. S/E
- Nil Internal Auditor.
Besides, the National Executive Council (NEC) of NYCN now by voting at its NEC meeting of the 24th July 2018 unanimously elected Comr. Akinlosotu Blessing A. as the Secretary-General of the NYCN Executives.
The entire executives are to serve for the period of 2018 to 2022, a four years term except if wants to re-contest for another term.
Moreso, the swearing-in ceremony was conducted immediately for the new officers.